Scenario Based Activity (2)
During fasting state, our body will under certain metabolic processes and utilizes hormone to regulate them.
Click on the following flip chart to find out more:
- The blood-glucose level begins to drop several hours after a meal, leading to a decrease in insulin secretion and a rise in glucagon secretion
- When there is no dietary intake of glucose
Decrease in blood sugar level
- Glucagon is secreted by the ? cells of the pancreas in response to a low blood-sugar level in the fasting state
- Glycogenolysis is the breakdown of glycogen (n) to glucose-1-phosphate and glycogen (n-1) that takes place in muscle and liver.
- Gluconeogenesis results in the generation of glucose from certain non-carbohydrate carbon substrates that takes place in the liver.